Who knew pompano would be so good in a taco? Cheat Day Cheska proves it to us with her super delish, Pompano Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema dish!
Pompano Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema
- .Fishta Pompano Whole, debone at home (yields 2 fish fillets)
- You can also opt for the Fishta Cleaned Premium Pompano
- 8 soft taco tortillas
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, diced
- 2 Tbsp lime/lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup lime/lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Combine ingredients for cabbage slaw. Mix well then set aside.
- Blend avocado crema ingredients together until well-combined. Set aside.
- Mix seasoning ingredients together. Rub onto fillets well.
- Over medium-high heat, cook the fillets 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove fillets from the pan then divide each into 4 equal pieces. Remove fish skin as well.
- Heat the tortillas on your pan until warm and toasted.
- Assemble your tacos! Start with cabbage slaw on your tortillas, then place a piece of fillet on top. Be generous with your avocado crema! The more you place, the yummier!
- Serve with some more lemons/limes on the side and enjoy!
Did you try making this dish?
Post a picture of it online and tag Fishta Seafood and Cheat Day Cheska! Get featured and a chance to receive a special gift from us!
Shop fresh pompano online for this recipe. We offer FREE SHIPPING within Metro Manila for orders above P2,500 in our online seafood delivery service!
Connect with us!
Cheat Day Cheska