Looking for New Year recipes to make? We got your back, Seafoodies! Featuring Fishta Seafood's Salmon Loin, you can make this special dish for your family and friends for important occassions. See the recipe below!
Poached Salmon with Beurre Blanc
1ea Lemon, Halved
1pc Bay Leaf
1ea Red Onion, halved
1/2 head Garlic
10g Coarse Salt (non iodized)
1 Pack Skinned Fishta Salmon Loin
500g Butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, very cold
1 cup Dry White Wine
1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
1ea Shallots, brunoise
ea Salt, non-iodized
ea Parsley, chopped
ea Chili Powder
300g Carrots/Potatoes, Roasted
2pcs Lemon Wedges
ea Salmon Skin from Fishta Loin Pack
1/2 cup Potato Starch
2 cups Frying Oil
1. In a big pot, simmer the water with all of the aromatics without the lemon for 30 minutes. Add in the lemon and let simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Turn the heat down to just before boiling point, and carefully place in the salmon loin. Let Poach for 3 minutes. Tap with a paper towel and lay down on a plate.
For Beurre Blanc:
3. In a small saucepot, add the chopped shallots, white wine, and vinegar and reduce until half. Bring to a boil. Slowly add in the cold cubed butter, and whisk vigorously. Do this until you finish all of the butter. Whisk for another minute after the last few cubes and remove from heat. The sauce should be thick and creamy in consistency. If it starts to split, add a few chips of ice and whisk vigorously. Only whisk when the liquid is boiling.
For the Salmon Skin:
5. Pat very dry with paper towels. Season with fine salt. Lightly coat with potato starch and fry at 175C for 3-5 minutes or until very crispy. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, and crush to form bits.
For Roasted Veg:
7. Preheat the oven to 175C. Cut the vegetables into obliques, and season with olive oil and salt. Bake covered for 20 minutes or until tender. Bake for 10 minutes without a cover to lightly char. Check seasoning.
8. Place the cooked fish on a plate, and cover generously with the beurre blanc. Top that with chili, chopped parsley, and the crispy salmon skin. Serve alongside the roasted vegetables and lemon wedges. Serve warm.